My Most Memorable Highlights of the Trip:
- Staying at the swanky Hyatt Regency for the “conference rate”. I could definitely get used to that!
- Shawnaka’s 30-dollar continental breakfast at said “swanky” hotel and the yummy bagel place right next door that didn’t cost even close to that.
- The homeless guy’s cat that got lots of petting (Can you say “ringworm”???) and, ironically, had a lot of food for himself stored up in his owner’s cart.
- Re-entering the Ghirardelli store multiple times so we could enjoy more free samples.
- Trudy’s “food scare” in Chinatown
- Finding a sweet knock-off purse as my Chinatown souvenir
- Riding bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge during the Blue Angels Air Show
- Giving Trudy the play-by-play of our previous my-bike-got-a-flat-tire-and-we’ve-gotta-walk-it-back-over-the-bridge experience.
- Enjoying breakfast and our fill of free samples at the Farmers Market at the Ferry Building
- In and Out Burger—which really does have a secret menu! (Although is it really “secret” if it’s on their website?!)
- The Taffy Store! And their unlimited free samples—which we found out later were not “unlimited”!
- The Ghirardelli chocolate and banana crepe…man! We should’ve had another one of those!
- Shawnaka’s favorite homeless man who played the guitar and sang, making all his lyrics rhyme…As she walked by, he sang, "Keep it simple, I like your dimple…”
Wow! After re-reading my list, I think I must be hungry! Or, my cousin Louanne is rubbing off on me and it really is all about the food! Ha! :) I think I'm going to go make some dinner! :) Enjoy the pics!

4 comments:
It is all about the food!!!!! I love the photos.
P.S. Where's George?
Hey J. JO! I've always wanted to go to San Fran b/c of your great stories! I hope you're having a great year so far & I can't wait to see you at Christmas time! I'll be home on the 20th! :) Hols
You caught the weather at a great time. There are many days and months when it's stinkin' freezing like June and July and you're thinking "I'm not supposed to wearing a jacket right now!!" I'm glad you gals had a fabulous time. And I've done that at Ghiradelli many times where you keep circling to get free chocolates!
We need some more stories! I'm sure spring break left you with many! ;)
Post a Comment