Thursday, July 15, 2010

Polling the Audience...

What should I do with my wedding dress? I want to keep it--I'm just debating whether to just clean it, or have it preserved? And, if I do either, where should I have it done? Then, there's the question of preserving the bouquet (which, despite it being hung and dried immediately--thanks, Favorite Aunt Christine!--it had tulips in it, and they just don't dry too well.) I just want to poll the audience, knowing my sweet friends are oh-so-crafty! So...what did you do with your wedding stuff? Let's face it. I figure photos are really the only way to do any of it true justice, but I still want to keep it all. ;)














5 comments:

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

I think a good dry cleaners can clean and sorta "shrink wrap" your gown and such. years later you'll be glad you saved everything! and trust me you do want to have it cleaned by a pro - 11yr old cake stain does not smell too good.

jen said...

I won't ask how you know about 11-year-old cake. At this point, I'm still wondering what it tastes like after one year! ;) Thanks!

snapladylisa said...

I vote with Christina: have it cleaned, and they'll bag it. I heard of a chick who wore hers every anniversary. But also, you're right, nothing lasts but the photos. Make sure you have copies in several places. Like, maybe make selected album and give to each set of parents, just in case there's a fire or whatever. You know.

Melissa said...

I hate to admit this, but I never got mine dry cleaned. Oops. I still have it and it's in a rubbermaid box that my mom bought that has cedar chips in it?? Something like that to keep the moths away. I have other momentos too from the day in my hope chest. Love the pictures- they're beautiful! :)

Louanne said...

you know I borrowed mine from aunt paula so I just had it cleaned and gave it back :)

I like that your top comes apart though and I stand by my idea that you get all snazzy and wear it with some cute jeans on New Years Eve.

I can't help with the boquet though because we had fake flowers and so mine is just sitting on the bookshelf looking the same 15 years later :)

Blog Archive