Sunday, April 27, 2008

33 years + 180 students + 1 sombrero + 2 cakes = fun!

So, Friday was my birthday. The big 33. And this was the first time in a long time that I've actually worked on my birthday. I know, spoiled, huh? Well this year (and actually, since about the time I turned 30), I haven't been too excited about yet another birthday creeping up on me. But since Friday, I've decided that it's best, especially when you're feeling that way, to spend your birthday with kids! Because even if YOU'RE NOT excited that it's your birthday, THEY ARE! And it probably helps that we celebrate birthdays in my classroom with a sombrero and a song! Ha! :) I spent the day enjoying six little mini-celebrations and many of my kiddos giving me cards and treats and wishing me a happy day. Family and friends finished the job with lots of fun treats and TWO very yummy cakes!

7 comments:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good day.
That cakes looks DElish!

Louanne said...

Yum! I am glad your day was so great and no joke about the kids. They love them birthdays! Hee hee.

I miss you!

Melissa said...

Jen, I hated that I missed your birthday celebration- it looks like y'all had a blast! :D And Strawberry Jello cake, tulips, and a sombrero... what could be better than that?!? Love ya!

Jen said...

glad I could be a part of it!

Holly said...

Feliz cumpleanos a ti, mi amiga!

:) Hols

casey said...

jen jen jen... happy birthday to you my friend! i hate that i didn't remember, my apologies... i am glad it was a good one!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Sounds like lots of fun!

I just found your blog and loved your pictures of Toledo, Spain...brought back so many memories. Tim and I studied there for a summer in '99. Would love to hear about your trip sometime. We hope to go back some day!

Blog Archive