Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer's Here! :)

In order to give Summer a proper welcome, I went on a trip just days after school let out! Shawnaka and I went to MA for a little reunion of sorts with the friends we met up with in Spain over Christmas break. Lois (college roommate) and Cindy live in south-central MA and we all hung out for a few days. Summer apparently followed us up to New England as temperatures reached the upper nineties and central A/C was not to be found in a house anywhere! (Trudy--talk about a flashback to our summer in Puerto Rico! :)) We flew in to Hartfort, CT, and Shawnaka wanted to be able to say she actually went to Connecticut (I guess flying in to the airport doesn't count!), so we visited the state capital before heading north into MA. The first couple of days were pretty low-key in the Amherst area, and then we made our way to Boston where we enjoyed a tour of Fenway Park, a Red Sox baseball game, and the company of my brother, Travis. On our last afternoon there, Shawnaka received THE call that her sister's baby was on the way, and we made it back to Houston just in time for Baby Baylee's birth! Mom & Baby are both healthy, and Aunt Shawnaka loves her new niece very much!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love all of your pictures! What a sweet bro you have! And that blanket...awesome job!! I didn't know you could sew! So many talents. Can't wait to see Costa Rica through your camera!

Melissa said...

Aw, congrats to Shawnaka and her sister!!! You did a great job on that blanket, very sweet. :)

Louanne said...

Baby and blanket are super cute!

And I love the photo of the "no bag" sign at Fenway. Love you,

Lou

PS...where are the photos from my baby shower? ROFL!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am glad to know that you have a 'blog'. I will now be able to keep better track of you!!
Love, Grandma.

Blog Archive