Friday, August 29, 2008

I just saved a lot of money...



and I didn't switch to Geiko. :)
Shawnaka and I spent the ENTIRE last weekend trimming trees around the house. We were inspired when our friend, Harry, (also our infamous and amazing mailman!) offered to let us borrow his "pole saw". Think chain saw on a stick, my friends! It was FANTASTIC! Harry himself even stopped by for a little demolition work in the backyard (THANK YOU AGAIN, HARRY!!! :)). Monday was trash day and I found myself wondering, even from work, if the trash guys were really going to take it all. There was "tree trash" about 3 or 4 feet deep from the driveway to the basketball goal in the middle of the cul-de-sac! That afternoon coming home, I turned the corner ever so slowly and, what do you know? GONE! Every bit of it! I love this country! Where else can a couple girls spend their weekend on a ladder and on the roof using an electric chain saw and total strangers come and haul it all away?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Y'all are awesome!
I think I need to see some before/after pics, though.

Jen said...

FINALLY!!!! Now I can pull up in your driveway and not hear the scratching on the top of my car!!!good job!

Melissa said...

I like how you have huge branches all around you and you're holding up a little bitty (relatively speaking) one. :) Great job, chiquitas!

Holly said...

Wow, girls! I'm so impressed! Keep up the good work! :)

Bobby D said...

Girl Power! Who needs men? Ya'll should start your own business. It's like $200 per tree!!!

Blog Archive