Sunday, March 13, 2011

Getting Crafty!

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and would like to share my first projects! But, you must know that I had MUCH assistance from my Mom (resident expert seamstress :)) on these initial projects. When I lost steam, interest, or (especially) patience, she was there to bring me back. Thanks, Momma! I think the stuff turned out really nice! :)
A girl at work is having a baby boy, so my sister suggested this pattern for burp cloths.
When my friend Morgan's son was first born, he was oh-so-cute sporting this necktie onesie.
I just couldn't resist the opportunity to try to make one on my own.

And, for my crafty sister's birthday, I decided on a pattern for an apron. I figured (wrong) that it would be a simple project, and my Mom and I made adjustments to the pattern in order to make it reversible. Fortunately, Mom was there when things got hectic, and here's the final result. Pretty, huh? :) I would've had a model for the final product, but Chris was unavailable and I had to get it in the mail! :)

Happy birthday, Les! :)

I've decided that sewing is (mostly) fun--especially when the project is finished! :)

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I LOVE the burp cloths, onesie and ESPECIALLY the apron...Thanks sis! :) Love you!

Melissa said...

So cute, Jen!!! Makes me want to sew something! :D

Morgan said...

Great job with the sewing! It is a lot of fun, and it will be more fun the more you practice. :)

Louanne said...

totally adorable!

snapladylisa said...

I have a love-hate relationship with sewing... One thing's for sure, it's usually cheaper to buy clothes, but more satisfying to give hand-made gifts. Your stuff looks great.

Blog Archive