I was walking to the bus stop today after my second day of school, and I had a moment of, "This is all I have to do today: go to school, have lunch with new friends, do some homework, take a siesta..." It makes me wonder why I was in such a hurry to get out of college! :)
Costa Rica is so beautiful and the people have been so very kind to me! God has provided many blessings to make me feel at home here, even right at first. According to my brother, Brad, I'm living like a queen with my very own bedroom and bathroom and wireless internet available at the house! !Pura vida! is what Costa Ricans would say about it--No worries! Life is good! And it certainly is. !Gracias a Dios! :)
I'm attending language school at the University of Costa Rica and going to class for 4 hours a day, Monday to Friday. There are 12 students in my class, and I have two different instructors who split the time and cover different aspects of language study. The first half is grammar study and the second half is conversation practice. I'm meeting some really nice people from all over the world and enjoying beans and rice and fried bananas at almost every meal! :)
It's "winter" here, which translates to a lot of rain. I've worn nothing warmer than a hoodie sweatshirt every day (all three days I've been here now), but today I had to wait at least 30 minutes for a bus in the pouring rain and was soaked by the time I got home. Good thing "winter" doesn't mean "cold"! :)
I've been advised not to bring my camera with me to school, so I don't have any pictures yet of the campus, but they will come. I do, however, have some pictures from my first day (Sunday) in Costa Rica. My host Dad took us around for a tour of San Jose, and I hope you enjoy it, too. :)
!Pura vida! :)

4 comments:
No tenemos paraguas en Costa Rica? Mama
Umm...what's up with the golden body part charms??
El foto del jardin es muy hermoso! Estamos orando por ti y estamos ansiosos por recibir mas imagenes de Costa Rica!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!Si!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks great. Nadia was going "Ohhhhh. Ahhhhh. Pretty." during the slideshow. I think she likes the buildings in Costa Rica.
Post a Comment